A few facts about bagels that you may or may not know:
- A bagel should never have a soft cakey texture.
- A bagel is born chewy.
- A bagel with a thin crusty top is not stale – it was born that way.
- If you can’t eat the bagel on the day it was born then freeze it.
- Bring your fresh bagels home in a paper bag, and only put them in a plastic bag immediately before you put them into the freezer, assuming you want to save some for later.
- A bagel frozen on the day it was born will be born again on thawing day.
- A classic bagel contains flour, water and yeast.
- A classic bagel does not contain egg, onions, sesame seed, cinnamon, poppy seed, chocolate chip, raisin, cranberries, garlic, rosemary, jalapeño, or blueberry.
- A bagel does not have to be toasted to be enjoyed.